Common Questions about CareDocs
Helping you to learning more about our solution.
You will be able to find a great deal more information about CareDocs by browsing through the rest of this website.
However, if you have any specific questions, or if you’d simply like to talk to someone about any aspect of CareDocs, then please get in touch by calling us on 0330 056 3333, or making a general, sales or technical support enquiry.
Designed by Care Home owners, CareDocs offers all the features that you’ll need to ensure the smooth running of your Care Home. Care planning is at the heart of CareDocs and as well as providing a quick and easy way to carry out comprehensive assessments, you’ll be able to produce fully personalised care plans in a matter of minutes.
Managers have immediate access to all the information about residents, staff and the care home, presented on a single page. Reminders are automatically generated to ensure that all records are up to date and all aspects of home management are not overlooked.
There’s a host of other features that will simplify your day-to-day responsibilities as well as reduce the need for many paper records.
The major advantage is that a digital care plan is accessible anywhere and constantly backed-up. It’s also easy to maintain and update. You can change any of the content without having to add replacement pages or making references within the text pointing to later versions. CareDocs enables you to keep all sections of the care plan up to date and allows you to keep a printed copy of the most recent version.
You can also be confident that a CareDocs care plan covers all the areas required to produce a compliant care plan and nothing is overlooked.
Other advantages include:
- Clarity of text – no more illegible notes due to varying standards of handwriting.
- Electronic copies of the information can be emailed to reporting authorities if required.
- Information can be retrieved quickly and accurately. Customised reports can save many hours of trawling through paper records to find crucial information.
- Health monitoring charts can automatically produce graphs and make calculations such as BMI without any chance of human error. A full history is always instantly available.
- All amendments are recorded against the carer’s name and the dates of the changes displayed so you can be sure that you’re working from the most recent version.
- A full audit trail is available and all previous versions are permanently stored for retrieval at any future time.
- Since all the information is stored electronically the need to maintain large, paper archives is removed.
We have hundreds of customers who have found CareDocs easy to learn and, within a very short time, find it a powerful tool to help with care planning and home management.
A user manual is included in the CareDocs package and we provide initial training when the system is first installed to enable you to start using it straight away. We then offer unlimited telephone support to make sure that you can always get the help you need. Further reasonable on-site training is available and, for a fee, we can arrange bespoke training for those homes that would like more extensive training.
Managers have complete control over the staff that are able to use the CareDocs computers and can also decide how much of the information can be accessed by an individual. This ensures that confidential, personal data is only accessible by those who are authorised to do so. Every user is assigned a unique password and the activity of all users while using the system is logged automatically.
Like all computer systems, some common-sense measures need to be taken to ensure the hardware is protected. We can supply cable locks for laptops if required (at extra cost) and can offer advice on how best to protect the hardware in your care home.
There is no hard and fast rule but most of our customers find that up to around 20 residents can be catered for on one device. As the number of residents increase, the amount of time that care staff spend updating daily notes and care plans means that more devices are needed.
We are more than happy to discuss your requirements and can offer guidance how to achieve maximum benefit from CareDocs.
Although we can provide the software and an installation licence for the program to run on a customer’s own computer there are several considerations:
- We can not provide full technical support since we have no control over other software that may be installed and possibly conflict with the CareDocs program.
- The computers need to comply with a minimum specification to be capable of running and displaying CareDocs properly. Not all laptops have a high enough screen resolution to display the program properly and, where more than one system is installed in a home, all computers need to be network enabled.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss this in greater detail.
In order that we can provide full technical support, we supply CareDocs installed on a desktop or laptop computer – no programs to install or download. Additional systems connect to the main computer and all information is fully accessible from all the computers installed in a care home.
A CareDocs package includes:
- A laptop or desktop computer
- A digital camera
- Dedicated memory sticks for backups
- All future upgrades
- Unlimited technical support
- A comprehensive user manual
- Initial training and reasonable subsequent training
All our subscription packages include full technical support so you have peace of mind that we will sort out any problems that may arise on your CareDocs computers. We also provide initial training when we install the system so you can get the most from CareDocs right from the start and reasonable ongoing training is also included. We can organise dedicated group training sessions if you need them although a fee is payable for this service.
Subscription packages are for a minimum of 12 months and fees are payable monthly – usually by direct debit.
A comprehensive user manual is included in the package and this details all the various sections and functions of CareDocs and how to access them. This will answer most of the questions that users have while they’re getting used to the system but full telephone support is available during office hours.
If the care home has an internet connection we can also offer online, distance training. This enables us to interact with the user’s computer in real time and allows us to show the user how to achieve what they need help with.
A reasonable amount of face-to-face training is also available if you need us to visit your care home but we encourage users to share their knowledge with other carers as this helps to develop ‘best practice’ for your unique circumstances. Further sessions can be arranged but we may charge for this service.